Stone Technical Services Group Ltd were appointed by Hand Picked Hotels to carry out an external condition survey of the 2no. wooden bellcotes at Crathorne Hall Hotel.
Following the survey STS were instructed to carry out the following:
• The removal of all defective decorative wooden mouldings and replace with new.
• The cleaning down of the original wooden support pillars and associated wood work.
• The application of wood preservative stain to the original wooden support pillars and associated wood work.
• The re-fixing of all new decorative architrave mouldings using stainless steel wood screws and recoated with wood preserver stain.
• An upgrade to the existing lightning conductor system, redress to the slated roof and make a new connection to the apex weathervane finial.
• The removal of the existing weathervane and to manufacture a new support rod and create a new fixing where the rod meets the apex transition boss.