The Forth Road Bridge is one of the world’s most iconic long-span suspension bridges. Stone Technical Services Group Ltd were appointed to carry out the below works:
• Install a new horizontal fall arrest system on the main trusses and remove and dispose of the existing system.
• Install a vertical fall arrest system to the ladders on the main trusses.
• Install a vertical fall arrest system to the specified ladders in the bridge towers.
• Carry out a Category 3 design check.
• Provide a 1-year service and maintenance schedule following the completion of the system installation.
Specialist trained staff accessed the hand strands at various locations including trained high level access operatives to install 3 miles of horizontal Soter 8mm safety lines to allow for assisted and safe access for maintenance operatives to carry out planned bridge maintenance.