St Mark’s Church, Woodhouse Leeds was built in 1832 and declared redundant in 2001 to which it was added to the Buildings at Risk Register until bought by Gateway Church in 2010.
Stone Technical Services Group Ltd were appointed by Richard Crooks Partnership to carry out nominated refurbishment works to the Grade II listed St Marks Church, Woodhouse.
Working from scaffolding and MEWP access equipment, the works included the following:
• Refurbished alter steps.
• Replaster in lime render system.
• Decoration works.
• Reinstatement of repaired leaded glazing panels.
• Refurbishment of external timber doors and ironmongery.
• Installation of new sheep wool installation to roof space.
• Building of two internal offices including all architrave and carpentry.
• Removal and installation of new lead gutter lining, slates, and downpipes.
Following the extensive refurbishment works, the building is now open again for regular worship and community use.